Friday, May 4, 2007

Orange you glad moms day is coming??


Tonight's card was inspired by our fab~o color wheel!! I had a girl friend at work who asked me to do a few moms day cards for her, when i asked her what colors she wanted she was like I don't know what do you got, hahahaha silly girl, pumpkin pie, choco chip, more mustard (can ya tell I was hungry)...she said it sounds more like you fridge Ally!! So I brought in my color wheel and said pick any color at all and I will base your card around that. Well her Mom loves orange and Only orange was a little to bright so we went with Pumpkin pie!! I have to be honest with you, this is not a color I have ever used in my own stampin and I do not even own the PP ink pad...GASP!!! Well lets just say it will be on my next order! I had this paper from the dots and dashes designer paper pack that was just begging to be used with this card!! I love the way it looks with my regal rose! I used the "delight in life" SAB set. I had to add some bling to the flowers and then some stickles int he veins of the flowers, I just cut out 2 and used a dimensional to make em pop!! and what card would be complete with out ribbon!! I guess this card was just meant to be!! The card base is 7 1/2 x 8 so it fits pretty well in a business sized envelope...stamped for sure...with some extra room for the ribbon and bulky stuff!! I have 2 more mothers day cards to make for my friend so I will post those when I get em done! Hope you likey!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Very pretty card Ally! I love those colors together!

Robyn